Last weekend, those of us involved in the 52nd City empire were treated to some great music – by the Dock Ellis Band – in a great space – the Mad Art Gallery. A select group of friends and supporters made it a fun time, though 99% of St. Louis was interested in the St. Louis Cardinals first loss of the season, while the other 1% was on the way to White Flag Projects for the James Fotopolous vs. Grandpa’s Ghost show. Alas.
A more tangible way to support the ongoing project comes up in just a week-and-change, as our SOUND CD will be available for the first time, with an event at The Royale, 3132 S. Kingshighway. On Saturday, April 14, from 4-7, we’ll have the disc on-hand, mixed by Tim Gebauer and featuring the usual splendid cover by the Firecracker Press. This time, all the text will be found on our website, while the CD will be offered in lieu of our usual book. A ton of great local talent is represented, along with a few cuts by expats.
Admittedly, the Cardinals are playing at 12:10 and the rest of day will feature everything from zeppelin races at Queeny Park to the Larry Conners jazz set at Finale, but we’re hopeful that you can slot us in during the late afternoon. It’ll be a kid-friendly environment on the patio. Food and drink’s available inside. Much mirth will be had, as the disc plays over the garden PA.
And remember, we don’t take plastic.