Happy to have the remaining recipients of the 4th Annual Kick Ass Awards confirmed. Celebrating with us at Duff’s on Monday, November 26th will be these 2007 winners:
* Hamiet Bluiett: renowned baritone saxophonist and co-founder of the Black Artist Group
* Center for Women in Transition: providing mentoring and support services to non-violent female offenders and their children
* Bill Christman: artist and owner of Joe’s Cafe
* The Dock Ellis Band: purveyors of classic country music
* Marti Frumhoff (posthumous): real estate agent, urban activist, and founder of the St. Louis Rehabber’s Club
* Great Rivers Environmental Law Center: providing public interest legal services to individuals and organizations working to protect and preserve Missouri’s environment
* Bernie Hayes: author, professor, radio vet and all-around great guy
* Local Harvest Grocery: South City’s hip new spot to shop and nosh
* Lyndsey Scott: artist and community activist
* Dana Smith: artist, found online at www.asbestossister.com
* Jay Swoboda: project manager of EcoUrban Homes, committed to health and sustainable construction
* Josh Weinstein: jazz advocate and host of KDHX’s “All Soul, No Borders”
* And a Mystery Winner!
Don’t miss the fun. We are keeping introductions shorter this year. For more information on the event and a list of past winners, see 52ndCity.com for details.